Who: Bulgarian Youth Forum (BMF)
Where: Sofia, (BULGARIA)
When: Already going on /Substitute for another participant/ 01.07.2017 – 30.06.2018
Profile of the volunteer
- Age: 18-30 years old
How to apply: Send an email to email@example.com with your CV and a motivation letter (better if both documents are in English).
Bulgarian Youth Forum (BYF) is a youth organisation, which supports the young people in their efforts to be complete and active persons in the society. In this connection, we aim to establish and facilitate socially beneficial activities, having a direct and indirect impact on developing the youth potential. On account of this we have activities in different spheres which can be of interest for the young people like human rights, social work, tolerance and intercultural diversity, youth and social entrepreneurship, sport and healthy lifestyle, saving of cultural and historical heritage, developing tourism in unpopular regions and supporting the appearance of new working places for the young people there and so on. As our members are with different social and cultural background we know how important it is for them to have equal possibilities for personal and professional development and to play an active role in the society. Through this we show the young people how important is to live in peace and to be united as this is a way to promote the democratic virtues and make them a stable base for the prosperity and development of our society.
The project “Lead the Way” under “Erasmus+” programme (KA 1) is implemented by Bulgarian Youth Forum (BMF) in partnership with the organizations of Spain, Macedonia, Estonia, Austria. It will include a total of 4 EVS volunteers aged between 18 and 30, from Spain, Macedonia, Estonia and Austria. Volunteers will arrive and live in Sofia for one year from July 1st, 2017 to June 30th, 2018. The project will have a positive impact in a number of directions on both partner organizations and volunteers. The main reason for its realization is enriching the BYF team of volunteers willing to engage in its everyday activities. Thus BYF will increase appreciably and qualitatively the capacity of its specialists and the organization as a whole. In this regard,
“Lead the Way” has two main aims:
– To enhance effectively the quality of the activities of BYF by attracting foreign volunteers
with strong motivation and good general preparation that will strengthen the international
dimension of youth activities and will increase the total capacity of the BYF specialist.
– To increase qualitatively and improve the level of key competences of the selected
volunteers, by conducting specialized, conformable to the individual needs of each volunteer
training and through their involvement in main youth activities of BYF.
The main activities in which the volunteers will be involved with a view to the realization of these aims are:
● A course aiming to familiarize the participants with the aims, goals and activities
performed by the BYF in which they will take part and help with.
● A Bulgarian language course which will start as soon as they arrive to allow them to
communicate freely during their service.
● Help with the organization of various youth events, youth trainings in the sphere of
non-formal education, youth campaigns and projects. This may include activities from
support of BYF stuff in coordination of human resources, communication and
logistics, to taking of pictures and videos, which will be published in BYF
● Help with the organization of various sport indoor and outdoor events including
billiards, football, table tennis, darts and other sports. Some of their responsibilities
will include taking of pictures and videos of the participants, getting interviews from
them, supporting the BYF staff in the communication and logistics around the event,
● Publish online materials in the social and media channels of BYF reflecting the events
and translating them in different languages.
● Create materials such as brochures, flyers, banners, etc. to promote the activities of
the organisation and distribute them in local schools in order to involve more youths
in the BYF projects and events.
● Organize their own youth events and charity tournaments.
● Maintain their own online blog sharing their new knowledge and experience from the
activities that they will take part in.
● Participating in BYF activities related to project writing, implementation and
reporting, mainly under the programme “Erasmus+”.
Hours/days of service per week: 30 hours a week – 5 days of service.
The methods of non-formal education will be actively applied during the implementation
of the project.
Requirements for the volunteer:
Age 18-30 (30 + 364 days at the moment of the project’s submission); at least intermediate
English knowledge and strong motivation to volunteering. Good communication skills and ability to work in team in multinational and multicultural environment. Flexibility and high responsibility to the youth work. The volunteers will be involved in many youth activities which will include shooting pictures and video, organizing small events, trainings and tournaments using an online system, writing about them in online blogs and websites as well as working on projects related to their work and “Erasmus+”. Based on that any of the following previous experience will be considered a big advantage during the selection:
– Experience in organizing and managing any kind of events.
– Experience in writing/organising/managing/implementing/reporting projects under
– Knowledge in photography and ability to take pictures using DSLR camera.
– Knowledge in video editing and production; ability to shoot videos.
– Any IT related knowledge (software, using CMS systems, etc.)
– Experience in design in regards to creating different logos, brochures, leaflets or
visions for promotional banners, flyers, covers, etc.
– Previous promotional experience.
– Experience in content creation and copy writing.
– Interests in sport (any sport is of interest to us but to mention anything specific related
to billiards, snooker, darts, football, cycling or chess).
NB. You don’t need knowledge or experience in any of the fields mentioned above but if you can contribute with any of them, please make sure to include that in your motivational letter.
The volunteers will be accommodated in convenient apartment right in the center of Sofia, giving them quick and easy access to every point of importance. The apartment has one bathroom, two separate sleeping rooms (one for each gender), a common living room area where the volunteers can rest and work, a kitchen with vast space and huge table which could also be used as a common/working area and a balcony. The apartment is fully furnished and it also has a cooking stove, refrigerator and washing machine.
Address of the accommodation: 7 “Lipa” Str., Lozenets, Sofia, Bulgaria
If you have any additional questions, please refer them to us:
Calle Campos Góticos, 3 24005 León España
987 20 97 64
More about BYF:
Official website: http://www.bulgarianyf.eu;
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BulgarianYouthForum
Correspondence address: Lyulin, bl. 156, fl. 4, apt. 14, 1335 Sofia, Bulgaria